Rachel Yoo joins Rawle & Henderson LLP as Of Counsel, focuses on immigration law
has joined Rawle & Henderson LLP as Of Counsel to the Firm in the Midtown Manhattan office. She focuses her law practice in the area of immigration law, policy and strategy.
Rachel has extensive experience representing clients from the healthcare, K-beauty and technology sectors in all aspects of U.S. Immigration Laws, including, but not limited to, the temporary and permeant visas for foreign professionals, multi-national executives, investors, entertainers and religious workers. Rachel also represents individuals in various family-based immigration filings and deportation (defense in removal) proceedings.
She helps clients navigate through complicated status maintenance issues, consular processing of visas, waivers of the foreign residence requirement and citizenship matters. In addition, Rachel advises employers with respect to employer I-9, LCA and Audit compliance requirement.
Rachel’s immigration accomplishments and successes include:
• Represented EB-5 regional centers, developers, and investors, helping U.S. project clients raise $215.5 million in EB-5 capital
• Worked with various HR departments on I-9 employment verification matters as well as H-1B and LCA compliance
• Successfully represented individual E2 investors and Korea-US branch office enterprise E2 employee visa
• Successfully represented I-526 filings and I-829 filings for foreign EB-5 investors
• Successfully assisted several H-1B RFE responses for diverse industry US companies for the different positions
Rachel has obtained two law degrees from the U.S. and Korea. She also received an M.B.A. degree through a U.S.-Korea International Program. In addition, she serves as a member of the advisory board of the Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA), a non-profit governmental agency promoting the international trade and investment
A distinguished speaker, Rachel has presented on complex immigration issues throughout the country and around the world. She has been recognized in the 2018-2019 editions of New York Metro Super Lawyers – Rising Stars
; Marquis Who’s Who in American Law
Rachel proudly works as a voluntary lawyer for the Safe Passage Project, a New York-based nonprofit that provides pro bono legal services to unaccompanied children in immigration proceedings.
Prior to joining Rawle & Henderson LLP, Rachel was Of Counsel for a New York City-based firm.
Rachel can be reached at (212) 643-0200 • email@example.com